Friday, October 30, 2009

10 more days to go...

until Beta Day. We had a busy weekend with my best friend's 30th birthday party Friday, and Halloween festivities yesterday. Christopher's was Davy Crockett, and Jer went to work Friday as "Swine Flu". He wore horrifying pink scrubs, a surgical mask, and pig ears/nose. He was so proud of his costume idea - he hot glued cold medicine boxes to the shirt. Unfortunately, he lost his work costume contest to Captain Morgan and Jon and Kate Gosselin. ;)


In other news...I moved my hematologist appointment to this past Friday. And I have homogenous MTHFR A1298C. My hematologist sent me on my way with a large folder of articles to read, and a prescription for Lovenox injections to start upon a positive pregnancy test. He said to continue the folic acid and baby aspirin as well. I'm feeling better about all of it, as I have a doctor that is definitely proactive. I hope I get to fill the script sooner rather than later.

I've been crampy for the past few days after the IUI, but I hear it's fairly normal...anyone? I am torn as to whether I will allow myself to see how long the trigger takes to work it's way out of my system using HPTs, or if I will be "strong" and wait. I bought three tests at the dollar store, and tested last night. It was of course positive, as the trigger is still in my system at 3dpIUI. I don't know if it will just be a form of torture to test every other day or so until beta. I am not a fan of the 2ww!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your RE is so proactive about everything!

    I think it took 8-9 days for the trigger to get out of my system. I've done IUI 2x and the first time it took 8 days, and the second time took 9 days.

    Best of luck!! I hear cramps are good... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have some great doctors who are really taking care of you. I'm so glad!

    I was in a lot of pain the first day after my IUI, but the pain/cramps gradually subsided. Good luck with the rest of the 2WW!

    ReplyDelete