Sunday, October 25, 2009

First Post - Background

Here I am...days away from my first IUI, hoping to become a mom of two. Someday. Here's a little background:

I met and married my husband, and we started trying to for a baby soon after we got married. My mom was very sick, battling cancer, and we didn't want to waste any time that she had left with us. Right before Christmas of 2006, I got a positive pregnancy test, after what I thought was a very light period. I had a set of betas run a few days apart, and although I started on progesterone immediately, I lost the pregnancy about a week after finding out - right after Christmas. We stopped "trying" that next cycle, and I was surprised by another positive pregnancy test right before Valentine's day. I was referred to an RE for monitoring, and things progressed normally, although I was told in the beginning by my RE to "not get my hopes up." In September of 2007, I had a healthy baby boy.

My mom, who was my best friend, got to spend just over 5 months with my son. She passed away on February 23, 2008. I still can't completely believe that I will never hear her voice again, and that my son will never really know his Gannie. She was 53 when she died. I miss her every day, and try not to remember her last days and hours - I wouldn't want anyone to experience what we went through.

I now have a two year old. My husband and I want one more "little critter" (a nickname my mom gave my son). We know we are so blessed with our son, but we want him to have a sibling, and I long for another baby to hold. Since we started trying again about 6 months ago, I have had 3 chemical pregnancies. We have a new RE that we are working with - and this cycle involves 100mg of Clomid on days 5-9, and an HCG trigger shot when I have at least one mature follicle. Last Friday, on CD 13, I had 6 total follicles, two of which were at 10mm, and the rest were smaller. I'm hoping that's a decent response, and if I get pregnant, I can actually STAY that way this time.

I'm creating this blog as a way to keep a record of the next few days, weeks, months. We have a total of 6 cycles covered by insurance, so this is 1 of 6 - our first real try at a second child with help.

My next ultrasound is tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping to have a couple of mature follicles waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Here from LFCA. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. She sounds like a wonderful lady.

    My husband and I are trying for our second as well (our first was conceived via IUI). We haven't quite reached the point of doing IUI again, but I'm pretty sure that's coming.

    Best of luck this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, welcome to blogging!!

    I am so sorry about your Mom. I cannot imagine how difficult that is.

    Also, I am sorry for your losses.

    Has your RE run any blood clotting tests on you?

    I have a 2 yr old little girl. We've been trying for #2 for 2 years with 2 miscarriages..

    ReplyDelete