Saturday, December 5, 2009

10 dpIUI and a BFN

I won't test again until Monday night or Tuesday morning...I'm out of tests and heading out of town for my grandfather's funeral. I hope my hunch (that IUI #2 didn't work) is wrong and I get two lines next week. We'll see.

In other news - will find out sometime within the next two weeks if our health coverage remains the same, or changes to a plan that does not cover any fertility treatments. I was going through this thinking we had 6 medicated IUI cycles, but we may not. If that's the case, I'm thinking we will take a little break, then get try Clomid or Femara with a trigger and timed intercourse. Just leaving out the IUI since it's my ovaries that suck, and DH's swimmers seem to do ok (since I've been pregnant 5 times in the last 3 years - but only have one child.)

I hope they decide to give us one more year with the good coverage. I've been an emotional mess these last few days worrying that if I'm not pregnant now, I never will be again. I know we are blessed to have our healthy little boy, and I feel selfish whining about wanting more children when so many I know in this community just want one chance to be a mommy or a daddy, but I still have a physical longing to be pregnant again, and give my son a sibling. I just wish it was easy. Sorry to be a complainer, but that's my mood today...back to editing photos now.

One last thing, honestly, what are your thoughts on me posting a photo or two of my son here? I am hesitant to, since this is an IF blog - though secondary IF. It won't hurt my feelings at all...just wondering about opinions overall. Thanks in advance...

6 comments:

  1. Tina,

    I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that you see a + sign very soon. The 2ww is the worst, as I am there myself. We just have to keep the FAITH.

    As for the insurance saga, its frusterating to have to deal with these logistics when your plate is already full, but we trudge on don't we :)

    Please post all the photos of your son that you want. I'm a mommy to a baby in heaven and my thoughts are to celebrate Earthly children, as they are such miracles. I think ladies in this community have an understanding of you posting your child and personaly I don't mind at all :)

    Sending lotts of baby dust your way...huggs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,

    So sorry, I fogot to extend my condolances and say that I'm sorry that you lost your Grandfather. Travel safely,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the BFN, Tina. I'm right there with you. I hope it's just early and that your gut feeling is wrong.

    As for the photos, I say post away. It won't hurt my feelings one bit!

    I'll be thinking of you over the next few days with your grandfather's funeral and sending you lots of positive baby thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the BFN, but I'm hoping that you'll still get a positive...and that your insurance coverage holds out!

    I would love to see pictures of your son! Please post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences for your grandfather. I love kid pictures, so post away! It's still a bit early - I had a BFN today (11 DP IUI) as well and somewhat bummed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the BFN. Waiting it out with you in the final days until you test again.

    Wishing for peace for you and your family at the loss of your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete