Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cramping and the Client from Hell!

I had my progesterone draw yesterday, but probably won't hear from the RE with the results of that until Friday. I have been having some cramping and a lower backache for about a day an a half now. I hope my progesterone isn't low, which is causing the AF-like cramps. I started the suppositories last night, so I hope that helps.

This week I had my WORST EVER experience with a photography client. It was three sisters who wanted a large family photo and 3 individual family photo "mini sessions" (I'm doing those for Christmas cards). The session itself was a nightmare. I've never had adults scream at and spank their children at a photo shoot, but it happened numerous times at this one. One father was cussing at his 6 year old daughter...nice. After the session, things got worse. One sister didn't like her photos - she said she was squinting (I didn't know that wasn't her smile - she made the face in ALL of the photos). Then they just became rude. I offered everything I could to make things right again - a reshoot at no charge, going back through all unedited images, letting them look at minimally processed images to see if they liked any others...above and beyond what the "mini session" was supposed to be, which was a short shoot and 5 edited images on CD for Holiday cards, etc. (all for $35, since I'm building my portfolio). I think I am finally rid of them after a few tears to DH and my friends...I've actually never been treated so rudely - and I was working SO hard to make them happy. I guess you can't please everyone. I did make a couple of mistakes at the shoot, but it was such a chaotic situation, and so I think for what they paid, it was reasonable. I'd love to show the photos, but I'm worried about them somehow finding the link on my blog. That's a scary thought!! Maybe I'll post a couple for critique once I know they are done with me for good!

My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning, so I will be at his services Sunday night and Monday morning. Monday will be 12dpIUI, and my unofficial "test day". I hope for some happier news on that morning. I'm sad for my sweet grandmother, but I am happy that my grandfather is now comfortable.

What a week it's been...back to the photo editing. The bad clients have put me behind, and that leads to some insomnia for Tina! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa and your hellish day at work. Sending lots of hugs your way. Hopefully the cramping is a GOOD sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

    gah, those people sound like jerks!!

    i wish you lived near the twin cities so i could help you build your portfolio! :)

    Hoping for some awesome news on your 'unofficial' test day!!!

    ReplyDelete