Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quiet...

It's been quiet around here. I'm exhausted. In good news, my hcg levels continue to rise. Yesterday's beta (19dpIUI) was 485. Things are looking good at the moment. I'm thinking I will have an ultrasound Friday or early next week.


In bad news, Jer is getting a pay cut. Nice of the company to announce it the week before Christmas, huh? We will be ok - it's fairly small - about $175 per month. But he feels embarrassed (even though it's nothing he did), and I just worry that my staying at home is such a burden. It's something we both feel strongly about, and who is going to employ a teacher who is due in August just before school starts?? So we will cut back and try to look at the positives. Our little ones don't need "things" or extravagant trips - they just need our love and simple things in life, right? I sure hope so. And these years go by so fast - so before too long, I'll be able to get back to work if we need it then and things will be ok. It's just an emotional time. Good news clouded by bad...


But here's a smile that melts my heart!


5 comments:

  1. He is sooooo sweet!!! AWESOME news about your beta!!!

    seriously, what a poor choice to announce right before Christmas. My old company closed last year a week before thanksgiving with one week notice. ( i didn't work there anymore, but still)

    anyway, WOOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie. I love that smile! And that's really great news about your beta. I'll keep sending you lots of sticky vibes. :)

    That's awful about your husband's pay cut. What kind of company does that right before Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are moving along - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that your husband is getting a pay cut so close to the holidays too. I am however so very happy that your numbers are increasing as they should!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina,

    Yea, you posted this sweet photo of your little boy! Love it...he's oh, so adorable!!!

    Pay cuts are never desirable, but the silver lining is that it's a pay cut and not job elimination. Although overwhelming and bad timing, you will adjust and come from this much stronger, promise :) Just surround yourself with the good news and focus on those rising betas...the rest can wait :)

    Hugs,
    Andrea
    www.persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete